Corporate Governance and Policies
Investor confidence in public companies is essential to the functioning of the global economy.
We intend to provide key information about our corporate governance policies.
These policies provide a framework for the proper operation of our company, consistent with our shareholders'
best interests and the requirements of the law.
Ensuring that SPG's financial results fairly reflect the results of our operations is of utmost importance to this company and our investors. At SPG, we have always been diligent in maintaining compliance with our established financial accounting policies, which are consistent with requirements of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and for reporting our results with objectivity and the highest degree of integrity. We are committed to providing financial information that is transparent, timely, complete, relevant and accurate.
SPG is committed to excellence in corporate governance and maintains clear policies and practices that promote good corporate governance. Many of these policies and practices are designed to ensure compliance with the listing requirements of SET and applicable corporate governance requirements, including:
- The Board of Directors has adopted clear corporate governance policies;
- The Board of Directors has adopted majority voting for uncontested elections of directors;
- The charters of the committees of the Board of Directors clearly establish the committees' respective roles and responsibilities;
- SPG has adopted a code of ethics that applies to its principal executive officer and all members of its finance department, including the principal financial officer and principal accounting officer;
- SPG internal audit function maintains critical oversight over the key areas of its business and financial processes and controls, and reports directly to SPG's Audit Committee;
- SPG has stock ownership guidelines for its non-employee directors and executive officers.
We are dedicated to ensuring that the high standards of financial accounting and reporting we have established are maintained. Our culture demands integrity and an unyielding commitment to strong internal practices and policies. We have the highest confidence in our financial reporting, underlying system of internal controls and our people, who are objective in their responsibilities and operate under the highest level of ethical standards. We thank you for the confidence you have placed in us.